Monday, June 7, 2010

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

I just finished "A Reliable Wife" recently and liked it so much, I thought I should post about it. The novel is by Robert Goolrick and has been on the Top 10 NY Times Bestsellers list for weeks now.

The story is set in 1907 Wisconsin and begins with a man (Ralph Truitt) posting an ad in the paper for a "reliable wife". A mysterious woman (Catherine Land) replies and we are immediately told that she has no interest in falling in love with this man, but instead plans on leaving him once she has secured his fortunes. However, both people share secrets that the other is not aware of and those secrets begin to soon surface and changes the course of both of their lives.

I don't want to say anything more because I'm recommending that you read this, but I do have to say that this novel is one sweeping drama that takes you on a very fun ride. Read it!

2 comments:

Bukola said...

Sounds like a fun read.

Jenn Tippins said...

Heard about this as a Summer Reading pick, will have to check it out (or borrow it from you heehee)